I wanted to take a post to reflect on 2013. It’s been an interesting year. 2012 was truly a roller coaster– the highest highs, and some pretty low lows. 2013 has been like it’s lamer roller coaster neighbor. The one with all the hype, but really kind of a let down. Not to say that we had an awful year, but we certainly had a transitional year. There was much that we hoped would happen that did not happen yet. I will be relieved to move on to a new year and I have much hope for 2014! [I apologize for the vagueness there. It does NOT relate to adding to our family.]
Some highlights of 2013 include:
- Celebrating Gus’s first birthday home!
- Our short trip to Pennsylvania in March
- Celebrating Aaron’s sister’s new marriage and Reed and Lena being a part of the ceremony
- My new job
- Spending 6 weeks with my family in Pennsylvania over the summer
- Lena starting school (and Reed going to 1st grade)
- Our trip to Colorado
June: This is a hard one for me to choose, because a lot happened in this month. But, this sums up a good portion of our summer at my parents’ house. I’d finish working and find them outside, having fun (under the supervision of my wonderful mom). I love their bikes thrown down in the alley behind them, because that, too, was a huge part of our summer.
Happy New Year, everyone!