Having a toddler is um… challenging? I thought it might be fun to come up with a list of my favorite memories and things about Gus since he came home. This list is in no particular order.
1. Gus’s favorite Christmas song is Jingle Bell Rock. He can’t hear it without dancing, or at the very least, waving his hands around.
3. When I tell him that I love him in Russian, he usually responds “Da!” (That means “yes!”)
4. Gus calls Lena something like “Vy-ya.” One of the only other words he uses often is one of our dogs’ names “Nina!”
5. He loves to say “quack quack” and sometimes uses it like our own version of Marco Polo, to check in with me without finding me or turning to see me.
6. He also loves to say “mooo” and if you tell him that, he might show you the cows on his shoes.
8. Gus often kisses me or rests his head on my shoulder when I pick him up.
12. What a baby he seemed to be when he first came home. I’m sure this picture was taken while saying “Reed, you need to put him down.” Reed would not attempt this now, because he’s aware he’ll get screamed at (by G!).
17. And, of course, his obsession with that airplane.
20. His first cupcake experience.