What is the 171-H?

I probably shouldn’t talk all in adoption-speak for you lovely people who read my blog who have never adopted internationally. US Immigration requires that you get pre-approved to bring orphans into the US. You file an application, the I-600A, go into to get your biometrics (fingerprints) done and then you hopefully get the 171-H in the mail. It seems like a lot of people get this piece of paper pretty quickly. Like a week or two after they get their fingerprints done. But, there are some people who get requests for more information or their fingerprints weren’t good enough and it is drawn out for months. I was afraid that would be us. I am just so excited that this is coming!

We still need a perfect employment letter from Aaron’s company. Which should be here any day now.

And I think I will need to get a couple more copies of our marriage license. Then, we’re done.

Then our dossier will be in the mail to Reed and Scarlett’s country. I am so excited!

One thought on “What is the 171-H?”

  1. Rejoicing with you as you jump the paper hurdle!Delighted to meet you today! Hope you don't mind if I splash around for a bit. This looks like a refreshing spot.happy day,Sara

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s